Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our itinerary ...

Deciding on our itinerary was the most fun aspect of the preparation. Having been to California (San Jose side) when I was still single (on a training trip paid for by the company i worked for at that time), I have a pretty good idea where i wanted to bring my family.

First up is Legoland. We are staying near Legoland at Carlsbad (near San Diego) for a good one week. I am quite keen on Legoland. So are the two boys!

Next up is Disneyland at Anaheim. I am contemplating just a two-day hopper ticket as we are not really a 'rides' family. So three nights at Anaheim.

Then we are driving up the west coast to Monterey. This will be a 6 to 8 hour drive (gotta get a hire car with cruise control). I have been to Monterey before and the Aquarium is a must-see. Cannery Row, Carmel, Pebble Beach ... these are the places I want to show my husband around. This is the part of our holiday that is more for grown-ups than for kids. A good three night stay at Monterey should do it.

Then finally, a drive up to San Francisco. I am planning to stay in a hotel at Fisherman's Wharf with a view of the Golden Gate bridge. Now that would be a sight to behold. Four nights at San Francisco, the last leg of our trip. I think by this time we will be so tired of driving. The visit to Yosemite will most likely be an organised tour rather than self-drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment