Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 8 - Disney's California Adventure Park


Day: Disney's California Adventure (or CA)

Night: Disneyland Park

My RideMax original itinerary starts at 10:00am. But of course, this was not meant to be. So a couple of nights before the day, I quickly put together a revised IT that began at 11:30am and 12:00 noon.

I figured that since CA opens its gates at 10:00am, I will let the mad crowd go first. We arrived at the CA entrance at 10:15. I felt that although it was a Saturday and it was a long weekend, the amount of people that day at CA was manageable. We saw several attractions during our first hour @ the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. I felt quite smug about it! We ended up not really following the RideMax IT as there were just no lines! RideMax just served as a guide as to which attractions/ride we wanted to do.

Here is a list of what we did:

1 - Playhouse Disney = very entertaining especially for pre-schoolers. I was impressed by the production design.

2 - Drawn to the Magic = three wonderful singers doing a medley of Disney's popular movies and songs. Female grown-ups will enjoy this.

3 - Monsters Inc.

4 - Muppet Vision 3D

5 - It's Tough to be a Bug - this was my personal favourite at CA. This 4D movie was scary and had a very surprising ending. Get ready to be sprayed with a bit of water, it's part of the fun!

6 - Disney Animation: Turtle Talk with Crush - very funny! You will love this.

7 - Disney Animation - Animation Academy - rekindled my love for sketching.

8 - Redwood Creek Challenge Trail - where the kids had the most fun!

We skipped Toy Story Mania. They did not have any Fastpass and we just don't have the energy for the queue.

Late lunch was at the 'Golden State'. I enjoyed a stir-fry at the Lucky Fortune Cookery. It was worth the wait!

We missed a lot of other rides/attractions, but felt that 4 hours is all we can muster. So we decided to take a late afternoon break at the hotel, grab dinner and go to Disneyland later at night.

Night: Disneyland Park

We returned to Disneyland after dinner at IHOP. More on IHOP later. Having decided that we had CA under our belt, we were at Disneyland Park gates around 8pm. I was hoping to see the fireworks later at 9:25pm.

Disneyland was divided into 8 sections of different themes. Since my children were pre-teens, we will be skipping Mickey's Toontown and Fantasyland.

For our one night, I decided best to spend it at Tomorrowland alone.

Rides/Attractions we did at Tomorrowland:

1 - Buzz Lightyear (get a FASTPASS)

2 - Honey, I Shrunk the Audience

3 - Star Tours - we all agreed that this was our favorite ride!

4 - Innoventions



No comments:

Post a Comment