Sunday, October 4, 2009

The longest twelve hours of my life.

The pilot said we were traveling for 12 hours!

Gab complained of stomach pain, was listless, and was whinging. At some stage, he 'sharted' on his undies. Fortunately, there was no queue at the toilets. We packed overnight clothes in our handcarry such that Gab was able to make a change of underwear.

The B777 had three three-seater segments in each row. So I sat with the children while Gambit sat at the other aisle seat next to mine. Once we were on air, I decided to give up my seat so Gab can sleep on at least two seats. Gambit went and found an empty seat while I took his.

Airline crew are not prepared for children falling ill (or anyone for that matter). They did not have any hot water bottle. So I just used the drinking bottle and filled it up with cold and hot water (pure hot water will melt the plastic). This helped ease Gab's pain a bit. He slept most of the way, thank god. I however was too worried to get even a nap. Bless Migo for taking everything in stride (the trip, the sick brother who was sleeping almost on his lap!). Migo managed to sleep sitting upright.

1 comment:

  1. that is Migo, special he really is, never a problem in travelling.

    ReplyDelete