Sunday, October 18, 2009

What's in Monterey?


Why did we make Monterey a destination? We could have driven straight to San Francisco for another couple of hours. There are many answers to the question. It's a picturesque seaside town. It has the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Clint Eastwood's hometown Carmel (where he was a mayor for years), it has Pebble Beach home to one of the world's best golf course, it has Big Sur and the 17-mile drive along a coastline ...

If I were to live in America, it will be at Monterey. I fell in love with this city 15 years ago when my 'bestest' friend from college brought me here from San Jose where I was staying for a one month business trip.

I've always wanted to come back and show Gambit around. I warned Gab and Migo that this leg of our trip is mostly for grown-ups. The thrill rides have ended.


No comments:

Post a Comment