Sunday, October 4, 2009

I was so wrong!

Finally, the big day arrives.

We were at Sydney Airport 2.5 hours prior to departure. While we were standing in line for Check-In, I noticed that Gab was very quiet. Suddenly, he said "Mum, i want to vomit!" Good heavens, no!

I thought my days of puke management is behind me ... I was dead wrong. My 10 year old and I ran headlong to the toilets. Alas we did not quite make it. Let's just say we made a pretty bad mess right outside the door. I forced myself to remain calm. I swallowed the expletives and showed Gab that I was not upset with him. Logic escapes me! We all ate the same thing the whole day. I must say that historically, Gab always fell ill during our travels. Be it domestic (at Gold Coast) or overseas. mmm let's just say that his record remain untarnished. Fortunately, the airport cleaners were already cleaning the hallway when we finally ventured out.

I was firm in my resolve that we are traveling on. Fortunately, Gambit did not say anything otherwise. I was praying that Gab will feel better after the episode. But just in case, I whipped out a sandwich zipped bag (yes, for some reason I had plenty of those in my handcarry!) and had it ready in my pocket.

ZIPPED BAG TO THE RESCUE!

My foresight saved me. At final boarding, Gab had another episode. All went to the zipped bag. People must have noticed and must have stared at us, I don't know! I serenely zipped the bag safe from spills and joined the queue for the airplane. One boy had his eyes transfixed on my package. I think I had an out of body experience!

I was staring at a very dark tunnel ahead ...


No comments:

Post a Comment